Wednesday, September 14, 2011

In Memory of Amy Winehouse

Happy 28th Birthday to the late Amy Winehouse. Columbia released her final studio recording today--a duet with Tony Bennett on "Body and Soul."

"My dad ... was like, 'Oh, it's only my favorite song in the world you're going to sing. Oh my God! Do you even know it?' and I was like, 'Of course I know it, Mitchell. I'm your daughter, of course I know it,'" Winehouse said. "It was really exciting that he chose that song because I do love it. It's such a beautifully written song."

Mitch Winehouse recently stated he thinks a seizure due to alcoholic detoxification caused his daughter's death.

"Everything Amy did, she did to excess," Mitch Winehouse said in an interview with Anderson Cooper. "She drank to excess and did detox to excess."

Amy Winehouse passed unexpectedly in London on July 23. All proceeds from the recording will be contributed to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, which also launched today.

No comments:

Post a Comment