Monday, August 1, 2011

Kings of Leon Cancel Tour, Hint At Personal Issues

Grammy award-winning rock band Kings of Leon announced they are canceling the rest of their U.S. tour, due to singer Caleb Followill "suffering from vocal issues and exhaustion."

This announcement follows an incident Friday night at their concert in Dallas when Caleb left the stage to take a rest and did not come back as promised.

"I'm gonna go backstage and I'm gonna vomit, I'm gonna drink a beer and I'm gonna come back out and play three more songs," he told fans before walking off the stage.

Bassist, Jared Followill, apologized to fans onstage and later tweeted an indication that there is trouble in the land of Leon.

"I know you guys aren't stupid. I can't lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade," Jared said.



All 28 tour dates will not be rescheduled, but tickets will be refunded. The band will continue their tour in Canada on September 28, according to a statement from the band's publicist.

This will most likely be the first and last of my attempts to see Kings of Leon in concert. I planned on attending their concert at Jones Beach on August 10, but apparently I will have to make other arrangements. Their unprofessionalism overpowers their talent at this point.

About a year ago, Kings of Leon canceled a concert in St. Louis after a pigeon defecated on Jared. First, pigeon crap. Now, the weather is too hot. What's next? Caleb breaks a nail? I suppose Kings of Leon aren't familiar with the popular saying, "The show must go on," or perhaps in this case, "The tour must go on."

1 comment: